Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Anabasis, Inc.; Home of the Whopper

I've changed the name of the blog. I was watching the movie "Face/Off" last night and I realized that I came up with the name "The Asspage" when I thought that Face/Off was a good movie. From there I decided that I can't really trust the judgement of 1997 Shane.

As for the new name, I figured that I needed something that said "progress". Something that shouted to consumers that I'm smart, but not too smart to give your money to. So instead of coming up with a name like that myself, I went to thesaurus.com and typed in "progress". Then I picked a word that I didn't recognize and made it my blog title. I'll be changing it periodically over the next month or so. It's easier than making real posts.

5 Comments:

Blogger President Preston said...

You said you'd supply the hat. Do you mean the tweed hat for the fat guy, or the sombrero with a chicken in it from the "puppy killing" post.

Either way, I will agree to do the speech without a shirt on and with "www.theasspage.com" printed across my chest.

Also, I will wear no pants. Just for the thrill.

7:18 PM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Blue LP said...

Personally, I liked the "foaming snatch wand, inc" name better.

10:57 PM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Kara said...

You know what - I really do use the phrase "On-The-Go Foaming Snatch Wand" in my regular life. It was just so fucking funny, and totally applicable.

4:20 PM, October 13, 2005  
Blogger AJ said...

Anabasis sounds like stimulation of the anus while masturbating.
I had to double check the dictionary just make sure...
I was sadly mistaken, but..


the army shut down my other blog down,
so I'm currently posting self-righteous bigotry at ajsucks.blogspot.com

piss in the middle east
AJ

1:07 AM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger scribe said...

So you were obviously insane in 1997.

6:36 PM, October 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home